Now on Display in Portland
A full size working Vacuum Tube Elevator
Wheelchair Accessible ... See it Today!
Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators LLC is the designer and manufacturer of the vacuum elevator. PVE currently manufactures three versions of its air driven residential elevators, ranging from single to a three-passenger, wheelchair-accessible home elevator. All of PVE’s vacuum home lift systems are capable of up to a 35 foot (10,5m) vertical rise over as many as four stops. The unique design of the vacuum residential elevator is a perfect choice for any retro-fit or new construction project and will enhance the value of one’s home without the consuming footprint of a traditional home elevator. Rather than using cables or pistons, the unique residential elevator is powered by one of the most abundant resources in the world… AIR!
Phone: 503-255-5005Toll free: 800-944-4935
- No pit excavation, hoist way, or machine room needed
- Installation within one to two days
- Ideal for new and existing homes due to the minimal space required to accommodate the elevator
- Absolute safety in case of a power failure since the moving car automatically descends to the lowest level and the electro-mechanical door will open to let the passenger out
- Cost-effective approach for elevator installation
- Self-supporting structure (the elevator can rest on any existing ground floor)
- Eco-Friendly Elevator: No energy used during descent: gravity is used instead
- Fully transparent and panoramic view without cables or pistons that block vision
- Electric circuits within the cabin are 24 volts, eliminating the risk of shock
- Minimal maintenance: no lubrication required for the elevator. Only scheduled service call is roughly every five years or 15,000 lifts for replacement of main seal
- Starting and stopping operations are extremely smooth
Principles of Operation
The Vacuum Elevator combines a smooth vertical cylinder with a coaxial car that moves up and down through air suction. The principle operation of the elevator is based on the ascending push generated by the difference between the atmospheric pressure on the top of the car and the atmospheric pressure under the car. The depression (vacuum) required to lift the car is achieved by turbines operating as exhaust fans which are located at the top of the elevator.
- The piston gear surrounded by a sliding air tight seal allows an almost frictionless movement and hoists the car due to the pneumatic depression generated on the upper part
- A valve regulating inflow of air controls the pneumatic depression, enables descent and controls the speed of the car
- The lower part of the shaft is open to ensure free entrance of air at atmospheric pressure
- At each floor or level, perimeter seals on the door are self-sealing due to the action of the atmospheric pressure
- The car has locking devices to stop at the upper and lower limits of travel
- A safe braking device (chute) activates in case of free fall
Phone: 503-255-5005Toll free: 800-944-4935
The Pneumatic Vacuum Elevator consists of three main parts:
EXTERIOR CYLINDER: The cylinder is a transparent self-supporting tube, built around a specially designed aluminum structure. The tube walls are made of curved polycarbonate sheets. The tube consists of modular sections, which easily can fit into one another. The roof of the tube, made of steel, ensures air tight closures with suction valves and inlets.
ELEVATOR CAR: The car runs inside the cylinder on rails/columns, which are part of the same self supporting structure of the cylinder. The walls of the car are made of transparent polycarbonate panels. The car is also equipped with an anchoring system that activates on reaching the indicated floor, provides precise but smooth stops, and locks the car mechanically.
SUCTION ASSEMBLY: or “Head Unit” is on the top of the tube/cylinder, where the turbines, the valves, and the controls are located. The control cabinet is a metal box housing with a PVE controller board and other electric devices. The head unit is built and placed on either the same tube that holds the car (standard), or separately (split unit) at distances of up to 30 linear feet (10m) from the lift. The frame of the suction assembly is made out of either fiber glass or steel depending upon the model.
| Phone: 503-255-5005Toll free: 800-944-4935|
Email: sales@AllinOneMobility.com (click here)
All In One Mobility, Inc.12833 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97230
All In One Mobility, Portland; we sell and service stair lifts, residential elevators, handicap baths, mobility scooters, walk in baths, ada bath units, electric wheelchairs, accessible baths, power wheelchairs, wheelchair lifts, ada shower units, wheelchair ramps, stair lifts, residential elevators, roll in shower units, jazzy wheelchairs, pride mobility scooters, lift chairs, wheelchairs, walkers, electric scooters, water retainers, stair chairs, scooter lifts, portable ramps, modular ramps, and chair lifts.
© 2015 All In One Mobility, Inc., Portland, OR 97230, OR CCB#165310 Licensed & Bonded, WA-ALLONOM920KA.